Monday, December 22, 2008

Note to Self

Note to myself, to be read November/December 2009:

Unless you want to a) buy only square or rectangular gifts, or 2) spend the entire holiday season cussing and using entirely too much Scotch tape, don't ever, ever, EVER buy foil gift wrap again.

I know it's pretty and shiny, and it won't give you paper cuts, and it cuts really nicely, but for the love of God woman, step away from the foil. Paper. Paper works just fine. No, even if it's on sale. Don't buy the foil.

Just don't.

I said, "no."

I mean it.

Love & kisses,
Yourself

5 comments:

Jen said...

OH YEAH! We had one of these years, too!!!. I wrapped exactly two (2) gifts this year with it and that was enough to make me remember exactly why I used brown craft paper the next year...

Kathryn said...

Just wait until all the tape you used starts popping off.

Katie Kermeen Swisher said...

Ohmygoodness...I HATE foil wrapping paper! HATE! Remind yourself next year to go to Hobby Lobby and buy their paper. I bought some this year, and I LOVE it! It's thick, easy to work with, and they had lots of really cute designs. (Plus, every time I've been in there, it's been 50% off - BONUS!)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kathryn...the tape does pop off. It is lovely paper, however.
You might consider using duct tape. I'm sure it would probably stick. It may look horrible, but the wrapping could possibly stay intact :-)

Heather Bungard-Janney said...

Ooh, foil wrap... is it Mylar, by chance? Makes great cones for henna - I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

It was 70 degrees down here at the in-laws, day before yesterday.