Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ulterior Motives

I took the kids shopping for playclothes last night. While I'm sure they'll get an outfit or two for Christmas, it was becoming increasingly more difficult to find clothes that fit for everyday wear. I had a coupon for Kohl's (have they ever had a day when the entire store wasn't on sale? Seriously...) so away we went.

We always have the funniest conversations in the car.

Mary Grace: Mommy, what do you think Pops wants for Christmas?
Me: I don't know, honey, what do you think?
MG: I think he wants a house.
Me: A house? What for?
MG: To live in!
Me: Pops lives with Grandma. If Pops lives in a Christmas house, who will live with Grandma?
MG: I will!
Me: But then who will live with me?
MG: Claire!

...and then later, randomly... "My Grandma lives in a white house with a red door." I guess she wants to make sure I can find her when she moves.

No comments: